Our client, a big name in the US, provides a service to view all State Bills related documents on a website. The user can search for all the documents on the basis of categories. Also can mark a searched document as recommended and then can get the further results based on that. The website also provides the capability to list the watched and rejected documents separately.
The client came to us seeking enhancements to the existing features like recommendations, watched list and more, and wanted to add a dashboard that displays the graphical representation of recommendations in the form of gradient chart and funnel, along with a State Map.
1) The client was looking for a simple, user-friendly dashboard to be integrated to the site to display graphical representation of the recommendations.
2) The dashboard was required to have a State Map that shows recommendations.
3) The client wanted to remove search from recommendation and needed to create a new filter for recommendation that could be saved to an API and called when user login.
4) Client also wanted to display a tag filter for Watched list.
5) The biggest of all challenges was that the client wanted to make all these changes without making too many API calls. There were 5 at the moment.
The Webuters Team Solution
1) We created a simple dashboard component as a default landing page.
2) We created a gradient chart on the dashboard that displays recommendation scores against recommendation numbers. We also created a funnel chart to display number of documents and recommended documents.
3) For Recommendation filter we created a filter form with a service that saves the filtered data to API and display the results.
4) We also created a filter for Watched list that displays the list on the bases of selected tags from the filter.
The solution helped our client achieve the following aims:
1) With the help of our solution now the client has a dashboard that graphically represents the recommendation details.
2) Users now can easily save their recommendation filters and populate recommended list on the basis of that.
3) User can now see the watched list on the basis of tag’s filter.
4) The search has its own separate tab, which makes it more user-friendly.
5) The API call now reduced from 5 to 1 call per page.
Team Size – 2