6 Best RPA Tools for Business Automation
Business automation tools can help businesses save time and money. There are a number of different RPA (robotic process automation) tools available, and it’s important to choose the right one for your business.
RPA is the new normal for business and it is trending for all the right reasons. And it definitely is not an overstatement. With every organization having its fair share of repetitive tasks that are both time-consuming and laborsome-the implementation of RPA came as the saviour. The numbers speak for themselves and confirm what we are saying….
- Gartner: Revenue from RPA software grew 63.1% to $846 million in 2018, making it the fastest-growing segment of enterprise software globally.
- Statista: According to forecasts, the market value of RPA will reach $3 billion by 2022
- Forrester: RPA services market will likely grow $12 billion by 2023
In addition to helping companies complete tasks faster and more accurately, RPA services also enable employees to spend more time on more productive endeavors for the organization. In this article, we will be analyzing 6 prominent RPA tools available for business automation. The following information will provide guidelines for finding the best RPA development company that helps you achieve complete process automation and deliver the best ROI in RPA.
There are many different RPA tools available on the market, but not all of them are created equal. Some of the best RPA tools include UiPath and Blue Prism. These tools offer a wide range of features and benefits that can help businesses automate their processes and improve their efficiency.
- What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
- What are the types of Robotic Process automation
- Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
- 6 best RPA tools for business automation
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
First things first, are you new to the term Robotic Process Automation? If so, then you must know what Robotic process automation or RPA is all about.
Robotic Process Automation is (quite simply) a software that uses robots to imitate human interactions to communicate across various digital systems. RPA bots or ‘digital workers’ (as one may call them) are programmed to carry out a certain set of specific tasks based on structured data. RPA is easy-to-use software technology that is built to automate digital tasks, processes, and workflows that require repetitive attention. Automating these tasks with RPA enables them to be completed faster and more efficiently.
The RPA software works on “if, then, else” statements based on structured data, and connects various systems with a user interface and API. Users can create a roadmap for a process in the RPA tool for the bots to follow directions.
What are the types of RPA ?
Now let’s take a look at the types of RPA tools available. There are 3 types of robotic process automation that you can choose from. The function of the tool depends on how do want to invest your human resources in the process. You can choose the right kind based on your business requirements.
The options are:
- Unattended RPA automation: Unattended automation RPA tools don’t require human intervention as it makes use of ‘AI’ artificial intelligence and machine learning for decision making.
- Attended RPA automation: Humans are required in these solutions as the design processes and inputs about what and how the bot should function will be given by them. Then the system will take time to process the given inputs and tasks. But humans are required to intervene should an anomaly occur.
- Hybrid RPA automation: The hybrid RPA mixes the attributes of both unattended and attended automation. It allows companies to leverage from human as well as digital workforce for tasks they are best suited for.
Why Adopt RPA for Business Process?
- Better Accuracy Automation technology offers better accuracy compared to work done manually. Human employees tend to make mistakes when overwhelmed with repetitive tasks while it is not a problem with RPA bots. What’s more, the average productivity rate of humans is 60% inclusive of minor errors whereas automation robots work with a 100% productivity rate with no errors.
- Data Streamlining You get faster turnarounds and better accountability with RPA. The automation system enables data processing faster and with better efficiency. By analyzing and validating data across various systems- RPA adheres to all the compliance and auditing outputs.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction RPA helps your employees by taking the workload of repetitive tasks within business processes. The time saved in the process enables employees to get more involved in interacting with the clients. By doing so, companies will be able to offer better services and more satisfied customers.
- Time-saving & Cost-effective By effectively handling manual digital tasks, RPA solutions streamline processes so companies don’t have to spend extra to hire resources. Implementation of RPA helps in reducing costs and increasing productivity as it allows the organization to invest its existing resources in more critical tasks. According to EY “RPA can provide cost savings ranging from 20% to 60% of baseline FTE costs for financial services.”
With everything so good about RPA, let us move on to read about the 6 of the best RPA tools. This will help you to understand what is the best tool for automation you can use for your regular processes.
Well before that, do you know which industries are adopting RPA?
6 Best RPA Tools for Business Automation
UiPath RPA tool is designed to be easily installed on Microsoft, Windows Desktop, and Microsoft Azure as well as on servers where routine tasks can be automated easily. A separate entity called the ‘Orchestrator’ controls UiPath robots, which monitor events and tell the robot when and how to respond. The automation robots are deployed effectively without any changes made to the legacy system. The tool can also be trained to interact with the interface just like a human.
UiPath is speeding up to expand to AI. It is in the process of creating a technology that extracts visual information as well as working to improve machine vision tools. By converting letters and numbers into machine-understandable formats, this technology focuses on optical character recognition.
Below are some of the features of UiPath that make it a preferred RPA solution,
- It supports both web and desktop applications
- Integrations to legacy applications
- Fully Automated data entry
- cloud hosting or virtual terminal
- Automated login to the interface for deploying bots
- Compatible with frameworks like Net, Flash, PDF, Java, and SAP
Blue Prism is also named a Leader in Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Software. Blue Prism RPA believes in “code-free canvas”. It automates manual, rule-based back-office operations and teaches your bots human-like behaviors without writing any code. It has a convenient drag and drop feature. Its bots are constantly updated using AI and machine learning to make them more efficient at responding to instructions and get better at understanding user expectations.
Some of the best features offered by BluePrism are,
- It is easy to implement- It takes as long as 4 to 6 weeks for complete end to end integration and implementation within the existing IT processes.
- Security – The tool has a secure and centrally managed virtual network of software robots that is encrypted.
- The tool is secure as the virtual network of Bots is centrally managed and encrypted.
- A system to distribute work efficiently wherein tasks are lined up based on priority and are handled one at a time.
- A range of features such as processing, auditing, and balancing load.
- Real-time feedback to improve existing processes.
There is a bot store in Automation Anywhere that offers tools to automate standard tasks, like extracting data from spreadsheets, files, or web pages. Additionally, the bots are able to take customer feedback into account and store information in databases for tracking any issues. The bots can be further deployed for processing invoices as well as other routine tasks. A free “community edition” is offered by Automation Anywhere for small business owners with limited workflows.
There are three main components of Automation Anywhere
- Bot Creator – Developers can create bots to automate their desktop-based applications.
- Control room– An application which handles the entire execution and management system of clients, credentials, security, etc.
- Bot Runner – The bot is controlled by the machine. It also updates the status of bot execution back to the control room.
Nintex RPA allows you to use trained RPA bots with a simple drag-and-drop interface without having to write code. There is no charge for the number of bots or processes you wish to deploy. Charges will be levied only on the processes you want to automate. RPA solution from Nintex allows you to automate tasks through 300+ actions that can connect with existing applications, spreadsheets, websites, etc.
Some important features of Nintex RPA are,
- Easy bot creation: Bot with drag and drop feature and also no prior technical knowledge required to create bots for automating desktop applications
- Flexible pricing: You have unlimited access to the bot once deployed, moreover users will only be charged for automated processes.
- Built-in automation: Nintex RPA bots can easily integrate with external applications and other sources
- Process Accuracy: Improve data accuracy and processing with little to no manual intervention
- Integrating workflows: Design to enable workflow to assign a task to the bots which can communicate with multiple apps and operational systems.
Microsoft Power Automate
Gartner Magic Quadrant named Microsoft Power Automate RPA a leader in 2021 of Robotic Process Automation. The erstwhile Microsoft Flow rebranded itself to Microsoft Power Automate. With UI Flows, Microsoft will be able to implement automated workflows across legacy and modern applications, taking Power Automate to the next level. Microsoft Power Automate offers similar cloud-based workflows for Windows with little to no code experience. It helps employees to create and automate workflows across various applications and services with the assistance required from the developer. It enables Power Automate to build RPA on top of applications that do not have APIs. As part of Office 365, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure customers will be able to use this RPA solution.
Microsoft Automate Key Features
- Seamlessly connecting over 302+ common applications for enterprises
- No-code interface to automate business processes with only a click
- Step by step tracking of actions (mouse clicks, keyboard usage, data entry etc.) and further replicating them into smart workflows
- UI flows successfully work with legacy desktops as well as web applications that lack API
- Run flows on Android and iOS mobile apps
Another Monday offers a host of end-to-end automation tools including AM Muse which is used for process logic in automatic documentation. It was quoted as a ‘Visionary’ by Gartner in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation 2019. The recent acquisition of Another Monday by Hyland, a leading content services provider has mentioned in the company’s site that the step was taken as an attempt “to enable Hyland’s customers to augment existing process automation solutions with innovative RPA functionality”.
The tool is highly configurable and includes the best practices of RPA methodology and RPA tools. It has a fully automated robotic process environment performing tasks equal to over 1500 virtual employees. This tool enables process automation design to capture every action for any possible workflows.
Some of the best features of Another Monday,
- A drag and drop interface.
- The architecture embodies both RPA methodology and RPA tools for maximum efficiency and scalability.
- AM monitor for centralized administration.
- Operating at full capacity with little to no idle time.
After learning about all of these RPA tools, we believe you should also be interested in knowing the best RPA use cases across industries.
Robotic process automation tools are increasingly helping businesses to achieve productivity and gain maximized ROI. It is crucial to understand the needs and goals of your business when looking for the right kind of RPA tool. A non-invasive system that successfully integrates with your company’s existing IT infrastructure is likely to benefit the organization more. A user-friendly tool will help with easy execution and would require little to no change in the coding system.
Still confused about which RPA tool will work best for your business?
Reach out to our experts at Webuters. Our professionals will help guide you through everything related to process and task automation. Our solutions have helped many organizations integrate RPA services successfully in their current systems.
Leverage our advanced automation solutions to increase task productivity for your company. Today!