A US-based company with a requirement of creating a B2B E-commerce solution contacted Webuters. They already had some predefined stores as their customers. They were looking for a B2B website for their customers where the customers can purchase Finished Goods and Print on Demand products.
- The CMS-based website to manage the complete process was required, specifically in Shopify. A clean and simple user-friendly interface was required from where customer can login and do purchasing, where purchasing includes both Finished Goods and Print on Demand products.
- The wishlist feature was to keep products for future purchasing on clicks, avoiding the time consumed in following the general selection process. The validation and checks on various condition ensured success and failed orders are handled well.
- Access to admins or vendors to manage every aspect of website based on role of the user. The Super admin, staff members (admin), and vendors roles with different level of permissions for ease of management.
Challenges and Discussion
A B2B solution in Shopify with implementation of TruDesk ticket-managing system for order approval process came as a challenge. The XMPie APIs for print on demand products were to be used to complete the process and move information from one server to another for printing. Connecting the website with monarch for payment handling and FedEx for shipping method handling no less of a challenge.
Since a lot of customizations were required in at frontend and backend of the website, it became a challenge due to following Shopify restrictions.
- No access to database of Shopify to make any modification, only the set of APIs to work with.
- Dependency on 3rd party apps for many customization.
- 3rd party APIs cannot be used directly at the frontend.
- The role of staff members restricted to viewing and managing of a particular section.
B2B eCommerce Solution Adding Power to Business
The customization to Shopify store were successfully done, and the app was integrated to meet the additional requirement that were hindered by the Shopify restrictions. Clean backend interface for admin made management easy for the customer. The staff members and vendors now have their own space to manage things, where latter can access things from front end by visiting the vendor portal. The admin can view and manage everything on the store.
The simple and easy to use front allows customers to easily search for their desired products and place orders. The training manuals were included to help them understand the process, refer in case of doubt and keep things running smooth.
All the challenges involved were addresses and overcame; customer’s requirement was met and delivered product added value their business.