Why Salesforce Archiving and Backup Are Essential?
On analyzing the existing condition, it is evident that ‘data’ rules the industry and sets the foundation of the entire business working. With time an organization grows and prospers, and that’s great. With new employees, sections, branches, and whatnot, growth is witnessed at every part of an organization.
But this profitable growth also brings in a lot of data piling in storage that requires updating, editing, storing, deleting, etc. Be it official tasks like exchanging emails, preparing reports, generating leads, and much more. The data keeps growing with every new addition causing storage issues.
The problem with voluminous data generation is managing it efficiently. The rate at which the data expands can put any business to think hard about the need to resourcefully tackle it for each levels of its lifecycle (creation, storage to data becoming obsolete, and then finally its deletion).
Such massive volumes of data require safe and reliable storage where investment in Salesforce storage keeps increasing year after year. Data is the new oil or rightly the bread and butter of any industry.
But the problem with data is that it grows over a period of time with new data becoming important and old become historical, often redundant or less important but not entirely obsolete nonetheless. Hence in today’s time, deleting data doesn’t seem a smart option and thus leaves scope for just two options – either you can back up the data or archive it.
For handling and organizing such massive data, Salesforce storage options come to the rescue. As far as the role of data in the market today is concerned, it becomes all the more important to have some smart options other than deleting data.
The fine line between salesforce backup and archiving
Though both salesforce backup and archiving are mechanisms used for secure storage of data. Yet, they are not similar in context. Folks misinterpret the two to be the same, but the truth is entirely different. Both are employed according to the situation demands.
Data backup and archiving depend upon business requirements. A data backup is a solution that keeps an extra copy of the original stored data on the same storage medium. Data archiving is the holding of old and unrequired data on secondary storage of your choice.
Why salesforce archive and backup?
When we do a salesforce backup, we primarily save data in emergencies like data recovery, loss of data, compliance issues, etc. On the other hand, the salesforce archive analyzes data and minimizes the cost associated with storage and other administrative activities (audit, compliance, information retrieval, etc.
If optimal management of ever-expanding salesforce data and improvement in storage mediums is on your mind, then data archiving is all you want. The shift has now turned towards Salesforce data archiving, where enterprises search for affordable data archiving solutions.
That’s where this platform, better known as Archive on Cloud (AOC), enables you to manage:
- Compliance issues related to government or audits.
- Enhance storage space and performance
- Serve data discovery requests in case of legal matters
- Bring performance improvement of the main application
- Manoeuvre policies associated with administrative records within the company
- Minimize added storage costs.
Archive on Cloud (AOC) will be bliss in this era of digitization, where business is highly dependent on web-enabled applications. It paves the way for a smart and efficient data archival management strategy to enhance its proper functioning.
What are some of the best Salesforce Archiving Practices?
When you have decided upon a particular archiving solution, be watchful of the following points.
- Awareness- You should be fully aware of the data retention policy of your company. The policy caters to internal compliance and regulatory issues. It can become challenging to maintain a record of these different global Salesforce-related policies.
- Frequency – make sure to analyze the right frequency with which you would archive your data. Most business organizations perform a monthly, quarterly, or yearly archival. Please create and manage archiving policies beforehand with the feature of automated object archiving.
- Strict implementation- Once your data retention policy has been determined, the next step is to implement them through your archive tool.
- Accessibility- it is critical to confirm that every archived record is accessible to the users. Archives should be available to particular users, preferably directly within the related Salesforce platform fields, unlike backups.
- Relationships- it is always better to maintain a parent-child relationship. Whenever you archive an object, you would want to establish parent-child record and attachment relationships if the data is required to return to production.
- Monitoring – it is considered a good practice to monitor archiving activity. It helps in many ways when you report on the progress of your archiving activities, data usage, and archiver storage. When you do so, it will give the manager a better insight into returning your archiving solution’s investment.
How is AOC a differentially brilliant way to manage data over its lifecycle?
AOC (Archive on Cloud) is a unique Salesforce data management solution that is very secure. It is specifically designed to completely protect vital business data in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
If you want to safeguard your Salesforce data from non-recoverable data corruption, then AOC is for you. It is a solution that not only provides data protection but also reduces intentional data loss, costs, offers compliance support, and develops resilience in your ventures.
Now you can handle, copy and recover data without any hassle. The best thing about AOC is that since it offers supports multiple database support. You can position your Salesforce data to a database of your choice during data backup. Let’s have a look at what all you can do to your data with AOC.
Here are some of the distinct features of AOC
- Maintain track history of Records – Data holds utmost importance; therefore, you cannot tolerate any limitations on tracking the history of records.
- Data Backup schedule – be it weekly, monthly, or within a preferred time range, it will schedule your data without compromising security. It is easy to set up and launch a backup.
- Data Restoration is just a click away – gone are the days of manual export of data.
- Simplicity, Reliability, and Flexibility – secure Backup and safe Recovery of your data are critical to any organization. Whether the task is straightforward or complex, your potential to scale and develop your business efficiently is maximized when using AOC.
- No hidden charges – yes, you heard it right. There’s no cost to signing up, and no credit details are required for the same.
- Satisfied customers – you can double-check if you are searching for reviews as there are testimonials of many happy clients that extended their gratitude.
The actual worth of data can’t be driven by its raw nature but through techniques and strategies that mine and refine data. It is essential to protect, secure, and efficiently manage data to achieve this. Thus review all aspects before selecting a data storage solution for Salesforce so that your critical business data stays safe beyond the situation.