Placing every e-commerce idea dear to itself, Shopify has come a long way of fulfilling thousands of novice business owners. It allows e-commerce businesses develop keeping up with the latest trends and technology. Providing the appropriate development services, Shopify aims at making it an easy to use experience for both freshers and large scale businesses. As per the recent statistics, Shopify is one of the best e-commerce website development platforms available today.
Have you considered using Shopify for your business yet? If not, continue reading to know what you are missing on.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a web application that allows you to build your own e-commerce store. It consists of a wide range of themes and tools that can be customised to meet your own branding requirements. It also allows you to sell both physical and digital products.
The main idea behind the development of Shopify is to let beginners build their ow idea of e-commerce themselves. It means that one doesn’t have to know coding to create their online store.
This is one of the biggest asset in the growth of Shopify over the past few years. It has crossed over a million users who have managed to build their own stores using Shopify and are living their best lives.
However, Shopify offers services for developers as well. It provides full access to coding languages like CSS, HTML and Liquid( Shopify’s template language). Therefore, for high tech websites, the user can use coding or hire a coder to get their online store developed.
Benefits of Shopify
Shopify offers logically structured features which seem to attract most people. It is a popular e-commerce application that has a bunch of handful tools making your e-commerce store management a piece of cake. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider Shopify for your e-commerce development.
- Ease of use:- Shopify is know for its user-friendly systems. The initial motive is to make it an easy experience for the users.
- Latest tools:- Even after the development of the online store, you need a number of tools that help you manage your store better and mark your customer’s eyes. Shopify has built-in tools that prove to be quite handy for most of its users.
- Can handle large scale businesses:- If you already own a business and are planning to digitise it then Shopify is the best platform you could choose for your online store. It is capable of providing modernist features maintaining the goodwill of your business.
- Freshers friendly:- Shopify is designed to provide ease of use. The freshers, in the field of e-commerce, often tend to step back looking at the hardships that lay on the way. With Shopify, you can build you own online store with ease.
- No knowledge of coding required:- Shopify’s key feature allows its users to create their own online store even without having to know how to code.
- Allows customisation of store:- With Shopify, you can customise your store more extensively through the addition of apps or using custom code.
Is Shopify the right choice for your business?
Be it a small scale or a large scale business, Shopify never disappoints its users. It is designed in a way that both freshers and professionals find it suitable for their business. Here are a few reasons which pretty much clear all the confusion:
- Management Systems: Shopify runs on its own servers. It is a hosted solution for e-commerce website development.
- Additional features: It doesn’t require you to buy web hosting or install software to use it. As long as you have internet connectivity and a web browser, you can access your shopify e-commerce store from anywhere.
- Provides supported tools: It provides templates, a payment processor, a blog and email marketing tools.
- Low cost Entry: Shopify offers a wide variety of prices providing equally advanced features. It goes from $9/month to $299/month.
- Guide: Shopify guides you through the software. It informs us of every feature or tool that the users use for the first time.
The above mentioned list will help you make a justified choice of e-commerce software.
How is Shopify different from other e-commerce development platforms?
There are over 120 different e-commerce software solutions. Shopify an integrated platform for accessing required tools and technology for the development of an online store. Over the period of time, it has become the most trusted web application to kick start an e-commerce business. Shopify has generated over $400bn in sales being used by millions of businesses.
In other words, Shopify has a large user base and a great market share which keeps it from shutting down like some other similar platforms. Shopify is completely reliable and quite handful upon it.
The most important factor that differentiates Shopify from other platforms is the huge variety of features available on the same software. Not only for beginners but also for experienced professionals. Besides that, Shopify charges according to the amount of features or tools one requires. It means that the beginners do not have to pay for the features that they don’t even know how to use. Shopify allows a free trial to new users which lasts for 14 days. This period of free trial can also be extended if required to complete a store. This period of trial provides an integrated and complete idea about the features and tools provided on the software. After the free trial, one can study the pricing structure of the software to endure the advantages of it.
Below is the pricing structure of Shopify:
Shopify pricing plans are as follows:
- Shopify Lite – $9 per month
- Basic Shopify – $29 per month
- Shopify – $79 per month
- Advanced Shopify – $299 per month
- Shopify Plus – custom pricing.
Along with this, the users can avail of a discount of 10% if you pay for one year upfront or 20% if you pay for two years. Additionally, Shopify charges fees to make the most out of Shopify’s point of sale feature which lets you sell goods in a physical location.
Shopify is an easy to use web application to create online store. It provides responsive and attractive templates for better experience. It is a great option for anyone interested in dropshipping. It can be used for free without submitting credit card details before committing to it. It provides latest search engine optimisation features that is the greatest benefit for an online store. It handles creation and application of product categories smoothly. It provides comprehensive point of sale options. It allows us to any of the five pricing plans to create versions of our site in different languages. It allows multi currency selling. Shopify comes with an email marketing tool which lets you host a list of up to 2500 subscribers for free. It provides both in built and third party payment gateways.
You may look on your own as well but this article is the consolidated result of all the research that’s needed to title the best e-commerce development software.
Shopify is a the best e-commerce development platform today making every idea a success.