The e-commerce industry is experiencing tremendous growth, with global market revenue expected to reach $7.4 trillion by 2025 according to Statista. This growth is largely driven by the increasing number of people accessing the internet, as well as the shift away from traditional brick-and-mortar stores. E-commerce platforms are at the center of this trend, providing businesses with the tools and services they need to sell products and services online.
B2B businesses, in particular, are taking advantage of this trend, with over 65% planning to shift online by 2022. E-commerce platforms that are tailored to the needs of B2B businesses are in high demand, as they can help businesses streamline operations, improve revenue, and reach new customers.
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms, known for its versatility and scalability. It’s an excellent choice for businesses of all sizes, whether you’re a start-up or an enterprise. With Shopify, you can create and manage an online store, handle inventory, process orders, and engage with customers. It also offers a range of integrations that can help your business grow and adapt to changing market conditions.
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is a comprehensive e-commerce solution that helps businesses of all sizes, including B2B businesses, sell their products and services online. It offers a range of tools and services to make it easy for businesses to create an online store, manage their inventory, process orders, and engage with customers.
One of the key features of Shopify is its user-friendliness. It has an intuitive interface that makes it easy for businesses to set up and manage their online store, even if they have little or no web development experience. It also offers a wide selection of customizable templates and themes, allowing businesses to create a unique and professional-looking online store.
In addition to selling online, Shopify also allows businesses to sell on social media platforms like Facebook and in person using its point-of-sale system. This versatility makes it a great option for B2B businesses looking to reach customers on multiple channels.
As a software as a service (SaaS) platform, Shopify charges a monthly subscription fee for its services. However, it offers a range of pricing plans to fit the needs of different businesses, making it an affordable option for B2B businesses of all sizes.
- Shopify is a Canadian eCommerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Canada.
- It is presently one of the most popular eCommerce platforms globally with a 23 percent market share in the U.S.
- Shopify is highly flexible and user-friendly, its in-app store has over 6000 apps available to allow a customized user experience
- Over 100 free and paid-for Shopify themes are available.
- You can integrate your online store with any retail setting with Shopify POS.
- Shopify has helped design more than 1 million eCommerce websites, including more than 7,000 B2B brands that use Shopify Plus.
How Does Shopify Work?
Shopify is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) program that allows businesses to build and manage their online store. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up: Businesses start by creating an account and choosing a pricing plan that fits their needs.
- Set up: Next, businesses can either start building their online store from scratch or hire a Shopify service to convert their existing site.
- Customize: Businesses can then customize the look and feel of their online store and add software functionality as needed.
- Manage: Shopify allows businesses to easily manage their online store, including adding and updating products, managing inventory, processing orders, and more.
- Sell: Once their store is set up, businesses can start selling their products online and on other channels, such as in-store or through marketplaces.
By using Shopify, B2B businesses can easily set up and manage their online store, reach their target audience, and drive sales. If you are a B2B business looking for a suitable e-commerce platform, consider migrating to Shopify.
Shopify for B2B: 10 Reasons to Migrate Your E-Commerce Business
Wide Range of Features
Shopify offers a wide range of features to help B2B businesses succeed online. These include
- Customizable templates
- Inventory management
- Payment processing
- Order management
- Marketing tools such as email marketing, social media marketing, and search engine marketing
- Mobile optimization for online stores and point-of-sale systems
Easy to Use
Shopify is designed to be user-friendly, making it easy for B2B businesses to set up and manage their online store.
- The platform offers a range of tools and features that are intuitive and easy to use, allowing businesses to focus on growing their business rather than learning complicated software.
Shopify allows B2B businesses to fully customize the look and feel of their online store, as well as add software functionality to meet their specific needs.
- With a wide range of customizable templates and themes, businesses can create an online store that reflects their brand and meets the needs of their customers.
As a B2B business grows, Shopify can easily scale with it, allowing businesses to add more products and features as needed.
- The platform’s servers are designed to handle sudden spikes in traffic, ensuring that businesses can continue to operate smoothly as they grow.
Multiple Sales Channels:
Shopify allows businesses to sell on multiple channels, including online, in-store, and through marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay.
- This versatility allows businesses to reach a wider audience and sell their products and services to customers wherever they are.
Shopify offers a range of marketing tools to help businesses reach their target audience and drive sales, including email marketing, social media marketing, and search engine marketing.
- Email marketing: Shopify provides tools to help businesses create and send targeted email campaigns to their customers. This includes customizable templates, A/B testing, and email automation.
- Social media marketing: Shopify integrates with various social media platforms, allowing businesses to promote their products and engage with their audience on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Search engine marketing: Shopify offers tools to help businesses optimize their online store for search engines, including SEO analysis and Google Ads integration.
Shopify’s online stores and point-of-sale systems are optimized for mobile devices, making it easy for B2B businesses to reach customers on the go.
- Online stores: Shopify’s online stores are optimized for mobile devices, ensuring that customers can easily browse and purchase products from their smartphones or tablets.
- Point-of-sale systems: Shopify’s point-of-sale systems are also optimized for mobile devices, allowing businesses to process orders and accept payments from customers on the go.
Strong Customer Support:
Shopify offers 24/7 customer support to help businesses with any questions or issues they may have.
- The company’s customer support team is knowledgeable and responsive, ensuring that businesses get the help they need when they need it.
Integration with Other Systems:
Shopify integrates with a wide range of other systems, including CRM, accounting, and shipping software, making it easy for businesses to streamline their operations.
- CRM: Shopify integrates with customer relationship management (CRM) systems, allowing businesses to manage and track customer interactions and data in one place.
- Accounting: Shopify integrates with popular accounting software, such as QuickBooks and Xero, making it easier for businesses to manage their financial data and transactions.
- Shipping: Shopify integrates with various shipping carriers, including USPS, FedEx, and UPS, allowing businesses to easily manage and track shipments.
Shopify offers a range of pricing plans to fit the needs of different B2B businesses, making it an affordable option for businesses of all sizes.
- The company’s pricing is transparent and straightforward, allowing businesses to choose the plan that best meets their needs and budget.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose Shopify for B2B Ecommerce Business
Easy Platform Management
Shopify is user-friendly despite having so many features in its wholesale channel. Even if you don’t have any web development knowledge or if you are bootstrapped to hire a developers team, the platform is designed to make it easy for users. This is one of the main reasons why B2B business owners love to integrate with the platform. Moreover, with an ease-of-use platform, it is easier to run your wholesale online store as well as handle orders as there are no obstacles or friction involved.
Among Shopify’s dashboard features, you find the ones most relevant to B2B eCommerce, such as orders, goods, customer information, reports, and applications. Additionally, with only a few clicks you can add items, change settings, as well as process orders.
It is always important to check a platform’s ability to scale when the business grows. Bearing a long-term strategy in mind when considering whether the platform will benefit your operations as your company expands. It should ideally include versatile features and functionalities that help you to grow your business more successfully.
Shopify is a highly scalable eCommerce platform that can scale your business requirements no matter how many transactions you have. The platform’s servers can effortlessly handle sudden spikes in traffic without any problems.
Additionally, Shopify is designed to prioritize the security of sensitive information related to customers and payments. For any organization security issues remain a major concern.
Shopify meets the standards of PCI DSS Level 1. This regulation applies to all online stores powered by Shopify. It is a highly secure eCommerce platform with multiple layers of protection for both the company and its customers.
The Shopify Plus platform allows you to scale efficiently while offering top-notch security. This allows you to focus on expanding your business.
Easy Integration of Online and Offline Stores
Shopify contains a slew of built-in capabilities that are designed to help with business expansion. In case you want to turn your business into a franchise, you may easily combine your physical store with your online store using the Point of Sale (POS) technology. There are numerous programs available to aid in the expansion of a franchise company model. Additionally, the ‘Organization Management function’ allows Shopify Plus merchants to manage several stores at a corporate level.
Multiple App Integrations
Shopify is noted for its extensive app store. There are over 1500 apps that are vetted and tested by Shopify in the marketplace and can be easily integrated with other platforms, so you can trust them to make running your online stores easier.
The applications and integrations are designed to assist with tasks like managing Inventory, responding to wholesale and B2B customers, as well as handling orders, marketing, and promotional campaigns.
Shopify allows several integrations to run in parallel without worrying about exceeding API restrictions.
Shopify Pay is a convenient solution for businesses who want to simplify the purchasing and checkout process.
On Shopify, B2B customers can save their billing information for easier checkouts in the future. By lowering the number of required fields, you can significantly reduce the possibility of any hassle associated with the checkout. Its goal is to boost conversions and make it easier for users, which is crucial in optimizing the mobile buying experience. Shopify includes an integrated payment system with no transaction fees and no administrative expenses. By giving clients multiple payment options, Shopify helps to reduce disagreements and enhance conversions.
Sell Anytime, Anywhere
Shopify’s vast automation and website-management features allow you to make a sell anywhere at any time. The platform has a large community of b2b application suppliers for various kind of business frameworks and is also device compatible. This enables merchants to operate their online stores from their mobile devices. One of the many apps available for Shopify can automate many parts of your store. Moreover, there are plugins available for backing up data, inventory management, tracking profit margin, and much more.
Tools For Marketing
Another reason to utilize Shopify for B2B is the variety of marketing methods the platform offers. The Shopify eCommerce platform gives B2B business owners a host of useful marketing options for promoting a B2B online business. A section is primarily dedicated to marketing has been added to the Shopify dashboard to enable various marketing efforts. This feature can further be used to create and track advertising campaigns on sites such as Facebook and Google, giving you access to millions of potential clients.
Shopify offers B2B capabilities to assist with email and social media marketing. What’s more Shopify merchants generally have access to a variety of third-party marketing services to help them sell their products.
Useful Insights For Store Management
Performance measured based on data is crucial for any organization. It is especially helpful to analyze results in real-time, design strategies, and collect reliable sales data and reports to run the business smoothly and promote growth. Shopify’s powerful eCommerce analytics are essential for evaluating the efficacy of marketing efforts like email and text messages.
All Shopify customers get free access to a dedicated customer service staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These helpful specialists are frequently ready to assist with any concerns via live chat or email. Additionally, the platform enables users to get access to handy tools inclusive of a range of useful articles, videos, and lessons that can assist you with running a successful online store.
Shopify is SEO Friendly
A great feature of Shopify is its amazing SEO functionality. The structure of the content and other variables are all addressed by standard SEO practices. Shopify is equipped with the most important SEO tools that online retailers require, allowing you to edit or add meta tags, and place products, collections, and product descriptions in an SEO-friendly way. For the most part, Shopify gives store owners a good way to optimize the content of the site — but to fully leverage this function, it is important to have a good understanding of SEO.
As per a report, Shopify is already quite popular, and such is the enormity of this platform’s success that it is already partnered with 841,000 stores in the US alone and over 1,000,000 businesses globally functioning across 175 countries. Additionally, the platform extensively houses over 3.7 million live websites”
But with so many e-commerce platforms to choose from, it requires serious thought to find the right one that matches your business model and objectives. Companies who have already partnered with Shopify will probably know how the platform has benefitted their business long term. Shopify’s easy setup combined with its user-friendly interface, security, and scalability along with a range of customization features makes it the ideal choice for every B2B business owner looking to scale their business online.
Shopify is a great way to get your B2B business to make its transition to the digital space. So why wait?
Get in touch with our Shopify experts at Webuters who will guide your business through a successful migration with the Shopify platform.